The parishes are committed to uphold the national Safeguarding policies and practices of the Diocese of Chelmsford as we aim to be a safe space where all people can be made welcome, and valued after the example of Jesus Christ.
We share the commitments made by the Church of England: that we seek to promote a safer environment and culture by: -
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
The Parish Safeguarding Representative is the first person to speak to if you have any concerns around the welfare of a child, young person or vulnerable adult. For St Mary’s Theydon Bois, please contact Marion Smith, for All Saints Theydon Garnon, please contact John Chaplin and for St Mary’s Stapleford Tawney or St Michael’s Theydon Mount please contact Martyn Lockwood. They can all be contacted through the Benefice Office address.